Sign in to follow this  
Guest thriller2

Locking up

Guest thriller2

I have been running FSX since purchasing a new computer, with pretty good results (especially after SP1). I have a Quad core 6700 w/ 2 GB RAM, 1 TB secondary, 150 GB Raptor 10000 RPM primary, 2x 8800 GTX 768 MB cards, SLId, Vista Ultimate (only 32 bit). After installing ASX + X bundle, I was still getting really nice frame rates (20s), but now after about 1 hour of flying, the machine locks up. When I run FSX without ASX running, so far it doesn't lock up. I have gotten a couple of messages about running out of memory, but most times the machine just stops and I have to reboot. I reduced the traffic (air and ground, cut both more than in half from near 100%), and switched to 16 bit color (which has almost always improved FPS), and it still locks. I will do some more experiments tomorrow, but if anyone has other ideas, I would appreciate it.

Guest Blodhemn

Hi thriller2When you say lockup, does FSX actually close down? and return you to windows? or does PC completely lock up?If its crashing to desktop, then you have a similar problem to me, only i don't even get an hour, ive had as little as 10 mins before CTD, and up to about an hour (rarely), although its mostly within about 15 mins it CTDs.Hifi are doing a great job with their customer support though, and im sure a patch or workaround will be available soon.see this link for the conversation about the CTDs so far. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=33328&page=2regardsRob