Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

wake turbulence CTD?

Guest ziporama

Hello all,I ran across an issue with wake turbulence to run by the gurus of this forum. I'm running ASX+ASG on a remote box, after upgrading from AS65 over the weekend. I picked the defaults in ASX and ASG. All installed correctly as far as I can tell. I'm also running ultimate terrain X and Traffic X, the latest FSUIPC (June release), and AISmooth (also remotely).I usually fly out of my favorite airport (KDEN) in a number of different crafts, namely, the RealAir SF-260, the LevelD 767 and the default 172. FSX would randomly freeze, then CTD, offering to restart. The failures occur only in the air, from within 1 minute of takeoff to 30 or more minutes. The problem occurs in different airplanes, altitudes, speed and geographical location.I happened to be looking at the ASX log on the main page in ASX, and saw a few messages about creating wake turbulence in quick succession (about 5). At the same time, FSX froze and CTD'd. I turned off wake turbulence (slider to 0) and never saw the problem again. Turn wake turbulence back on, and more CTDs. From what I can tell, the randomness has to do with AI traffic, which is why I can't duplicate systematically the same every time.While I have found a workaround, is there a known problem with wake turbulence? Cheers,Etienne

Guest ziporama

It happens with the first message as far as I can tell.I have my traffic set to 25% airliner and 15% GA with TrafficX, this is roughly equivalent to the default AI in medium to high settings - about 10 to 20 planes around you in a 40 mile radius.Reducing the percentage didn't seem to help much, but did make finding a wake much harder :) I need to do more research and experiment with various slider settings as well.I'll also turn on the console/file log to see if SimConnect doesn't like something. That may take me some time because I'm off a trip for a week.Etienne

Guest ziporama

Hello again, back from R&R and doing further checks... The best number of wake creating aircraft I can find using my settings is the AISmooth log that says it's tracking 89 aircraft, of which 16 are in flight within a 40nm range (that last number comes from my manual count using FSCommander's moving map).What seems evident is that the moment the wake slider is > 0, I get a CTD in FSX.Regards.E.

Guest ziporama

I've tried the following aircraft around Colorado:Default Cessna 172, Flight1 ATR-72 500, RealAir SF-260, Leonardo Maddog 2006 and the LevelD 767.If no-one else experiences this, I'll agree this must be something peculiar about my setup. I'll dig some more. Is there a more convenient e-mail address I can use to attach logs, etc ? Pls PM me if so, and thanks for the help.Etienne