Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

ASX and/or SimConnect Problem

Guest TonyPiech

I'm having problems in getting ASX to work properly on my new computer running VISTA Ultimate. I previously configured ASX/SimConnect on my old computer running Win XP-Pro without any problems. I'm using a Linksys Router and Norton 360, those were also used old my old computer running WinXP. I believe my problem is identifying which IP address or computer name should I use when modifying the SimConnect.xml file:1. My computer name is: Txxxxxxx-PC the [x's ] hide the name used.2. My physical IP addres is 69.xxx.xxx.x the [x's ] hide the numbers used.3. Or should I use 192.168.1.102 , the address when using the IPv4 protocal.Which one of the three should I use? I tried a variety of combinations but was unable to get sucess when conducting the test in Step 5, using the AI Traffic program.

Guest TonyPiech

Jim, thanks for the response, but still no joy when testing by running the AI traffic application. Maybe it's my "ini" file. I have the directory and file looking like this:C:UsersTonyPDocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesSimConnect.iniThe SimConnect.ini file when opened looks like the following:[simConnect]level=verboseconsole=0;RedirectStdOutToConsole=0;OutputDebugString=1;file=c:simconnect%03u.log;file_next_index=0;file_max_index=9Do I need to change something in the above file and/or is it in the proper location?

Hi Tony,That is the SimConnect.ini file and you don't need to do anything with that file. You need to go back to the Network Config. doc and follow things through with those steps. Seeing that the AI Traffic program is not working, that means something is not right somewhere in any of your files.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/