Sign in to follow this  
Guest involution

ActiveRadar lockup in Vista 64

Guest involution

Jim,I have reinstalled FS9, AS6.5 (patched it to SU1) on Vista 64 (since FSX gives me too much pain at the moment), and everything seems to run fine (weather/wind updates seem glitch-free). Except for when I bring up the ActiveRadar gauge. I have just tried a flight KCOE-KBLI three times, meeting with some rainy clouds about halfway, and always getting a program lockup shortly after visualizing the green clouds on the radar. Shutting down AS after that doesn't help, FS9 is still stuck, and all I can do is to end the process manually. I think there is some corruption in my ARadar config file (entries such as RadarUseMasking, for example). I paste my ActiveRadar.cfg below. By the way, I am running ASv6.exe with admin privileges (without that, I wouldn't get weather updates in FS9).Thanks for helping!-----------AloftSource 0AloftStationEPRange 1000AloftStationInfluence 150AloftStormWindsEnable 1AloftUpdateInterval 120CloudDepth 3500CloudTransitionEnable 1CloudTransitionSpeed 2CycloneCDOWidth 20CycloneCentralPressure 900.00CycloneEnable

Hi,Not sure if this is a Vista situation so here we go:Uninstall/reinstall ASv6. Then see what happens.If there is still a freeze:Try a combination of Radar settings, like the alternative details being turned Off.Last, it may be a video driver issue with Vista.Please let us know,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest involution

It looks like you had the right hunch, Jim. First thing I removed the offending activeradar.cfg and let AR generate a new one at next launch. Then I tried to check the 'alternate rendering' again, and it caused a similar lock-up: the main symptom being that ctrl-12 would not be able to remove the gauge, and cause a freeze in the main FS9 redraw procedures. I got out of the situation by changing the option back to square pixel rendering, and ctrl-12 became functional again. So it looks like I just have to stay clear of the 'alt. rendering.' A pity because I like it better. My card is an Nvidia 8800GTS with 640MB, and I doubt that it might be overloaded. As you said, it could be a glitch involving card drivers + Vista 64.