Sign in to follow this  
Guest Red17

Simconnect still a problem with ASX after fresh install...

Guest Red17

Hi, I am new to the active sky community and just purchased the bundle ASX/X. It looks like a great product, but I am having alot of problems with it since i first installed it, (only the original planes worked with it, downloaded planes would slow down to .4-.2 fps), but i realized that my sp1 hadn't been installed on a clean installation and therefore maybe affecting ASX/X. So I uninstalled everything, reinstalled and it gave me the "simconnect" message. I then did what you suggested here in that order. Same message. What should i do now?A few other things i noticed while playing after my first installation.1. Weather was downloaded into fsx but didn't appear to update if i changed map positions. (A stormy sky in russia showed up as the same sky in france when it should have been sunny according to the x-map thing).2. The original fsx kingair and beechcraft would sometimes have their wheels and props in the air above the plane when viewing from outside plane.3. Lightning seemed like original fsx lightning and clouds were better than originals but seemed to be using the types of clouds over and over again, even after changing various places around the world and doing complete reloads of scenery.4. went to historical dates of this year to try to fly near a tropical storm but sky was clear.... also went to historical tornado days and sites and sky was clear, albeit kind of windy (but light winds).5. sun and moon are sometimes missing from sky completely when flying above the clouds.I was running fsx on 25-60 fps with most settings pretty high, but now the frame rate falls drastically with all the addon planes and even sometimes with the originals. Usually with the originals it stays in the 20's-40's.Here's my stats in case they help:Dell dimension 8400 pentium 4 3.2 Ghz with HT1 Gig RAMevga 7900gt superclocked160 gigs of hard driveIf anyone has suggestions please let me know. I much appreciate your time.