I've just about had enough of ASX. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I refuse to keep uninstalling, reinstalling, blah blah.See the attached screen. Can someone tell me why I'd have broken cloud at 7000? I live half way between Sydney and Canberra and today we've got blue skies and very clear vis - so the actual metar with Cavok is correct.Honestly, I think I'll be waiting for something more reliable to come along, as far as ACCURATE weather depiction goes.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JimThanks for the quick answer, and sorry for posting in a another thread for the same problem, I didn't check before !Here's my ASX.cfg ://ASX Configuration File[Options]AutomaticDownloads = TrueAutomaticDownloadInterval = 10CAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 0NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 10CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 25MaximumCloudLayers = 7MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 100MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 50MinimumVisibilitySM = 0MaximumVisibilitySM = 100UpdateRange = 300DynamicRateofChangePercent = 50WakeTurbulenceStrength = 50DepictHurricanes = TrueCreateVirtualStations = FalseEnhanceRouteCoverage = FalseMaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 200VATSIMDownloads = FalseEnableSkyScapeMode = TrueUseSkyScapeforStratus = TrueStratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 20ForceHighPriority = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseNote that although CAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 0, ASX still happens to generate overcast with CAVOK report in the metar string...Thanks,Pierre

Here's my config.//ASX Configuration File[Options]AutomaticDownloads = TrueAutomaticDownloadInterval = 10CAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 0NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 0CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 50MaximumCloudLayers = 4MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 100MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 50MinimumVisibilitySM = 5MaximumVisibilitySM = 80UpdateRange = 300DynamicRateofChangePercent = 20WakeTurbulenceStrength = 50DepictHurricanes = TrueCreateVirtualStations = FalseEnhanceRouteCoverage = FalseMaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 150VATSIMDownloads = FalseEnableSkyScapeMode = TrueUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseStratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 0ForceHighPriority = TrueDisableWindsAloft = FalseI've just done some more testing with the Time settings. I suspect there may be a problem with Metar files for Australian stations when select "Use Local Time". It seems more accurate when I use UTC.Could there be a problem with using Australian time that can be "in the future", so to speak, in relation to UTC?Just a thought.