Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiders1996

Installation Problem

Guest spiders1996

Hi,I am having a problem installing Active Sky X. I am using FSX with SP1. Once the installation starts I get an error message that says "XGaugeWizard has encountered a problem and needs to close." In the error signature there are several codes listed. One of them indicates "system.badimageformatexception". Any ideas what could be causing this? -spiders1996

Guest spiders1996

I've tried to uninstall/reinstall to no avail. I'm wondering if it is in conflict with some of my other add-ons (maybe FSUIPC or FSFlyingSchool).My system info is Win XP Pro (32 bit), AMD X2 4600, 2 GB RAM, NVidia 7800 GT.I'm stumped on this one.

Guest spiders1996

I removed FSFS and also uninstalled/reinstalled SP1. The problem didn't go away. I wonder if something lingered after the uninstall of FSFS. I completely removed the directory and ran a registry scrubber, but maybe something is still lingering behind. Any other suggestions?

Guest spiders1996

I have also uninstalled/reinstalled WinXP SP2. I thought that maybe my Windows installer had become corrupted. It didn't help.

Guest spiders1996

I am still not able to complete the ASX installation. The installation process proceeds until it is nearly complete, then I get the error message about XGaugeWizard. The installation will not complete. I'm stumped. I don't know what else to try.

Guest JohnPaulJones

Good luck in solving your problem. However, this is gauge is not installed or used by FSFlyingSchool, so uninstalling it will not make any difference.