Sign in to follow this  
Guest floydboy58

Advanced Networking Question (ASX)

Guest floydboy58

Hello,I am running FSX on 3 systems via WidevieW. Wideview/FSX has some major issues regarding weather synchronization, so I was hoping to be able to disable weather synch in WidevieW and rely on ASX to keep these 3 system on the same page weather wise...I know that there is support in ASX to maintain weather on a FSX "server" from a client machine (or visa versa since I am not sure which you consider client/server).My question is - is it possible to have one system with ASX installed keeping the weather current on more than one FSX installation?Thanks for your help in advance!

Guest floydboy58

Dang, that is what I was afraid of. I would not mind buying 6 copies of ASX if it would do what I need. I really need the cloud patterns to jive on all systems, otherwise it just looks horrible.x( Obviously if one machine generated the clouds and updated the 3 FSX nodes this would work, right? Is there any chance this might be added in future versions? It seems you already have the feature, it just needs to be able to do remote updates to more than one FSX install...

Guest floydboy58

True, but I drive 6 screens, so tripleHead is not viable. Attached are shots of the simulator I am running. I hope to up it to 8-9 screens in the near to distant future (2 for guages and 7 for display).It just seemed that from a technical standpoint, if ASX can remotely update the weather on one FSX system, it should be able to replicate that same process to 2 or more, correct?

Guest floydboy58

Ah, I see. You know the odd thing though? If I manually generate the weather on each machine (ie set the cloud layers, vis. layers, winds, in FSX) they all are exactly identical and line up perfectly. As long as "change weather over time" and winds are exact they stay together as well...The only real issue I was having before is WidevieW, when using its built in weather synching would result in these numbers actually getting messed up (ie set a cloud layer to 5000-8000 feet at 6/8 of the sky and it ends up being 7000-15000 OVC on the clients). Whether this is a bug in FSX, SimConnect or FSX I don't know.So considering this I would still think I could benefit from being able to use ASX to set the weather on all my FSX machines from one point (instead of launching 3 or more versions of ASX and replicating the same process over and over.