Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robscho

No wind gusts showing

I have used ASV/6.5 for many years - only gripe has been that there is not enough wind gust effect or turbulence near the ground.Approaches to Barbados and Montego Bay go with just a few bumps, a far cry from a real life landing in a 15 knot trade wind!I have increased the turbulence settings in the fs9.cfg which has given me greater turbulance generally and changed the frequency percentage in AS options.When I go , , Customize Weather, pick the specific station that I am at, and select and then winds, the dialogue box shows me the wind speed in each wind layer, indicates the turbulence strength (I do get turbulence), but the 'gusts to (knots)' section always reads 0 for any station I go to anywhere in the world. I have tried disabling DWC, but no effect.Does ASV6.5 actually set gusts in the winds, and if so, why does it not show in the reported weather at the relevant station in FS?Many thanksRob Schofield

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JimDOesn't seem to load the gust info in.Here is this mornings' Metar for TNCA (Aruba)TNCA 190354Z 190606 06013KT 9999 SCT020 TEMPO 0606 BKN014 BKN045 PROB30 1002 07016G28KT 4000 SHRA BKN012It clearly has a 16 kt winf with gusts to 28kt.The Advanced weather box for the specific station shows a wind speed of 9 knots from the stated direction (070), but gusts to 0 still.I have global writes off, but the global write toggle on. I have switched off wind smoothing in FSUIPC. The Suppression features should only prevent updates (with a flightplan) not the first load of weather going into the relevant station.Any other ideas.Kind regards