Sign in to follow this  
Guest ceo1944

ASX SP2: SimConnect Error won't go away

I've just downloaded ASX and applied SP2 to it. When I bring up ASX I get the "SimConnect managed version was not correctly installed" error.I've tried all the troubleshooting tips. Nothing has worked so far.First, I uninstalled FSX SP2 then re-installed it. No joy after that.I then tried the manual method in the documentation. I found not one but two folders in the windowswinsxs folder similar to the one mentioned in the troubleshooting section, but neither exactly what the documentation called for. I backed up up both these folders, then deleted them, then re-installed FSX SP2. ASX still says SimConnect not installed properly.I tried restoring the folder I had removed that wasn't as similar as the other but that didn't help either.My version of .NET framework is 3.5.Do I need to remove SP1 as well as SP2 before and re-install?Thanks for any advice on the matter. I'm an ASv6.5 user on FS9 and don't want to do without it on FSX!DutchThe names of the two folders I located during the manual procedure were:x86_Microsoft.Flightsimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9-and-x86_Microsoft.Flightsimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Jim,That did the trick! Thanks for your prompt reply and good advice.I think the verbiage I read was to remove "SP1 or SP2 whatever is latest". Probably best to change that to an AND :)Happy Holidays to you and yoursDutch