Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guruswarmyoz

Anyone know a nice Cessna 152 ?

Hi all !My wife has baught me a trial hour lesson flying a Cessna 152. I can take it anytime in the next 12 months but I would really like to get a decent 152 so I can do some virtual training at the airfield I will be flying from. Does Dreamfleet or ilk do a 152 ? It would be superb to get as realistic a panel as possible.ThanksNick

Thanks Johnny. Flying the Carendo bird now. It's pretty nice.CheersNick

Guest Guruswarmyoz

Tip (from one who has time in the C150/152):The Carendo C152 is way too overpowered for a 152.The GeForce's C150 is the most realistic flight dynamics I have come accross. Remember the 152 only had 3 to 5 more HP than the 150, so the GeForce's C150 is the best option in my opinion.

Guest Smiley

Unless it's a C152II with 125hp :)If the sim models a climb prop instead of a cruise prop it would make a tremendous difference in performance.I have flown C150, C152 and C152II with climb props on the C152II. The air temperature can make all the difference as well.In the sim if weight is full fuel and at max load you should see climb performance in a C152 of 550 to 650 FPM at standard air temperature of 59 degrees at sea level. The C150 is very close to this climb at 100HP compared to the 110HP of the C152. The C152 cruises a little faster though at around 107 to 110ias compared to 97 to 105 in the C150. In the C152II with climb prop I was climbing at 800 to 900 FPM in 10 degree colder air but only doing 110ias at 2.5k (I've only flown the C152II on a couple colder days).You can compare these figures to the VR plane of your choice. Be sure to set the air temperature to 59 degrees depending on your home airport altitude. Decrease the temperature 3.5 degrees per 1,000'. Let the instructor know you have some simulator time and what you would like to experience to see the difference in RL vs VR :)Trying some steep bank turns and some slips as well as trimming for level flight arre my suggestions for a first flight.There are probably a few instructors that will add to this for their area and aircraft that they have flown. Real world performance is different than the books or even the POH.Enjoy !

Guest Guruswarmyoz

"There are probably a few instructors that will add to this for their area and aircraft that they have flown. Real world performance is different than the books or even the POH."That one is certainly true, but you have obviously flown some 150/152's that are in good condition, but i've forgotten how many times i've seen 150/152's abort take off's in hot weather as it does not have enough horsepower to climb! As for the 152, i have never had one go faster than 105kt IAS - with or without a climbprop. This is in no way any dig at the post above, but it merely demonstrates that any performance figures do differ from the published ones. Particularly as the factory figures have a aircraft that is brand new etc etc.Barring the above, the 150/152 is an absolute delight to fly and i'm sure you'll enjoy the real experince a lot!