Sign in to follow this  
Guest klucznik

Here is my problem Bill

Guest klucznik

Hello Bill, Here is the contents of the applicable files on my MAAM CD: The first line of the READ_1ST.TXT on the CD says V4.0 but the third line of the same file reads V4.1. OK? So I install the r4d_2k.exe from the CD. I next run the 17.027K file r4d_2k2.exe that I believe I got from Roy but I don't actually remember where I got it. Now I have two additional files that need to be installed in V4.75 of r4d:r4d2k2ap.zip 2.855K 2-20-03 Roy "FS2002 R4D Version 4.75 Auto Pilot Upgrade" andr4d2k2ap-newer.zip 2.97K 2-27-03 Roy "FS2002 R4D Version 4.75 Auto Pilot Upgrade" also the AIR file:r4d-air.zip 4K 2-1-03 Roy "Modified ".AIR" file for improved ground handling." So you can probably understand why I am confused. I seem to get mixed messages from the two groups associated with the R4D. I wish it were not so. I'll wait on the installation until I hear back from you.Thanks BillCheers

Guest klucznik

Hi Bill and anyone else who care to listen, I forgot about one more update: R4Dv40up.zip which is to be installed right after the FS2000 vbersion is installed. I have come up with a system in order to try to keep track of the few, and a few more, updates so far. I purchased a small laptop whose purpose in life is only to keep track of the MAAM R4D updates and upgrades although these two terms are just a play on words.Regards

Guest IanP

Aha! Life gets easy here... :-hahI'll miss out step '1', which is to get the files, because you already have them, I think!The only files you need for this method are r4dv40up.zip and r4d_2k2.zip - you don't need any of the other updates, upgrades, install files or gauge files. Or anything else you found lurking in dark corners, probably...-- --2. Unzip "r4dv40up.zip" to a temporary folder, then double-click on the enclosed, self-installing archive, "R4Dv40up.exe". (CAUTION! Be sure you install this first, and the FS2002 update second, or you will be overwriting the new files and things will go badly wrong!)3. Read the "Welcome" page of the installation program and heed the instructions, then click "Next".4. Read the "Information" page, but disregard the first four paragraphs about FS2000 installation, etc. Hit "Next".5. IMPORTANT!!! On the "Directory" page, even if you used the default path for your FS2002, you obviously must change FS2000 to read FS2002. Then click "Next".6. Push the "Start" button. Everything will be installed to the correct folders, providing you followed the instructions, of course. You now have part of an airplane. Now we'll assemble the rest of it...7. If you haven't already done so (because you are previewing this readme), unzip "r4d_2k2.zip" to a temporary folder.8. Click on the enclosed, self-extracting archive, "r4d_2k2.exe" and follow the instructions as above. Remember to change the path IF you used a non-default installation path for FS2002.9. To prevent a "not in library" flag from appearing every time you load your R4D from the Aircraft menu, you'll need to rename its folder, using Windows Explorer. Open the FS2000/Aircraft folder and change the name of the R4D folder from "Douglas R4D-6 NATS v4.0" to "Douglas R4D-6". If you do not want to, or feel uncomfortable doing this, skipping it will not affect anything. You'll just have to live with that warning. Hit the button or Enter and the R4D will load properly.Congratulations! You now have the whole kit and caboodle, ready to fly and try.-- --You will need to run the registration program again - if you already have a code, simply replace the generated one with your existing one and the same registration will work.Hope we get more joy this time! :-)Ian P.:-halo

Guest klucznik

Hello Ian, I do want to thank you for your taking the time to write the latest note which responded to my last question. Last night, or in the wee hours of this morning, I did install the R4D using info from both groups, ie, MAAM and RCS. I have the original S/N and Key and it all went well. It is a wonderful model. It is unfortunate that the state of affairs between the two groups degenerated down to this level. Thank you again for your time and for sharing your expertise. Have a decent July 4th weekend, all of you.Regards