Sign in to follow this  
Guest CTyankee

To Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont: Thanks.

Guest CTyankee

I really like the your modified panels for the MAAM-SIM DC-3. They are just what is needed to modernize the DC-3 to fly in airline service in today's ATC/ILS environment.Just one small problem. When switching back from IFR view to Main Panel view, the switch icon on the IFR view is located such that it is hidden or partially hidden by the red message bar (when present) at the bottom of the screen in some resolutions. It would be nice to have the icon a bit higher on the screen.Also it would be great to have digital readouts for the heading bug and course pointers on the HSI.Well done, MarkSandy

Hi SandyThanks for the compliment, appreciated.<<>> I have tried, with my modifications, to make only absolutely necessary changes to MAAM-SIM's panel files so that use of my panel is as familiar to general users as possible. What you refer to is a MAAM-SIM issue, not mine; but it is a good point. I personally have disabled all those red messages on my own system, so the position of the IFR return icon does not bother me; but I see your point. MAAM-SIM will read this, so perhaps they'll shift that icon up an inch or so in any further update.<<>>Although I included a lot of toggleable digital readouts in my 'IFR' panel for the default FS9, I decided not to in the MAAM-SIM bird. It's unrealistic, for a start, and the MAAM-SIM panel strives to be realistic; plus, there's not much room to slot them in anyway! If you use 'tooltips', you'll see the readouts when you hover your mouse over the relevant settings, of course; otherwise, fly like the real boys had to, Sandy! Heck, at night they even had to shine a torch (flashlight, for Americans) on the panel to see the analog readout, let alone have a digital overlay!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM