Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edd1

saw-tooth edges

Guest Edd1

I noticed some of the photos of the DC-3, available for down loading, have a small saw tooth edges alon the linear lines. Would these edges show up in the download aircraft or could they be removed using the video display adjustments? ThanksEd W

Don't know which DC-3 you are talking about, Ed, but:1. Saw tooth edges along the edge of an aircraft, or on a linear line, can be because of poor graphics resolution or a low res screen. So a better card may render such lines more appropriately.2. Saw tooth edges on linear lines alone are probably down to the quality of the paint job perhaps not being the best. Although it is impossible to remove all trace of jagged edges when painting lines at an angle (pixels are square, after all) such lines can be softened with most paint programs. Personally, I often lay a fine line of the same colour down the jagged edge, to fill in the recesses, bezelling it and curving it as necessary.A program as basic as MS Paint, however, allows no fine tuning. It is rare to see paints done with such basic programs these days, though.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Holliday

If you have the horsepower turn on FSAA (full screen anti-aliasing). That will take care of the jagged edges. I have three different desktop short cuts for FS9; one for jets, one for general aviation, and one just for screen shots. The last one is set at 1600x1200 resolution, which looks very good when taking screen shots. I usually turn on FSAA as well before I take any shots. For flying I settle for more performance and less eye candy.I never use the pen tool when I paint, which gives me edges as sharp as they can get considering the aforementioned square pixels. I have always found the pen tool to be too jagged when it comes to curves, but I have seen people work miracles with it.