Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnnyBoy35

FIX: Control increment / decrement stuck at 10 degrees with AP engaged

Guest JohnnyBoy35

Hi there, I hope you're all doing well. On advice from Bill Rambow at Maam-Sim, I was asked to share my findings with all of you. I suggested to Bill that a fix does exist for the problem of controls being stuck in 10 degree increments while the AP is engaged on the Maam DC-3. It happens with other high-end planes designed for MS Flight simulator too. The fix is provided by a fully registered version Peter Dowsen's excellent FSUIPC utility for FS8 / FS9. The fix is called "Fix control acceleration" and it applies to users that use joystick / yoke setups. I'm more than happy to report that I have no such problems using the Maam DC-3 with my yoke or joystick PC's running FS9 with a reg'd version of FSUIPC. I have wrestled this problem with other planes before having FSUIPC and found it very annoying indeed. It should also be noted that FSUIPC also provides a host of other improvments.. such as being able to map part of your throttle travel to reverse... which is great for flying turboprops and jets in which reverse is needed during braking or taxing. No more reaching for the F2 key in these situations :-) I hope this helps... and let's applaud this wonderfull DC-3!!! I've never had it so good!!! Sincerely, John PerryVancouver, Canada

Thanks, John, others have reported the same success. Meanwhile, for anyone who finds this small problem annoying who doesn't wish to register a copy of FSUIPC simply to achieve this fix, please note that the mouse wheel, if you have one, will move the Sperry in the same way. Useful to know!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM