Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Engine Textures

Guest Heather 636

G'Day all!Thanks for the kind words you guys. You'll have me thinking I'm special or something you keep that up.Currently wrapping up loose ends before settling down to repaint the DC-3 for a nice gentleman in Africa.Looking at the engines on some sample photos brings up a question. I have a 90% completed repaint of a Delta Airlines livery that is waiting on the new engines from Jan Visser and left and right textures, rather than the mirrored ones utilized now. Looks like I'm going to run into the same thing on this requested repaint.My question, and no rush guys, I know you're all quite busy, is how things are coming along on the P&W engine mod and texture mapping?Would love to release that Delta but want it to be perfect so holding out for the changes.Best wishes!Heather

Guest Javis

Hi Heather,Afraid you'll have to hold a while longer for the Cyclone engines. You see it's not only the visuals which will need modification, flight dynamics and panel will have to be altered to some extent as well. ( not to speak of the sound suite... however this might be a bit too far fetched... but you never know if a cow might not be able to catch a hare.. ) Then there's a proper C-47 lined up in sequence and some ski's to apply as well..Did you get the just released OY-BPB ? A.o. it has new mapping for the wings and nacelles with which seperate inner/outer texturing is now possible. Atleast that's something... :( As always, working on it but take a deep draught from that spare oxygen bottle !best regards,Jan

Guest Heather 636

Thanks for the update Jan. Wasn't pushing, just curious. I wasn't aware of the OY-BPB; will have to get that. I know too well how it is with too much to do, wanting to do it all, and not enough time.Best wishes!Heather