Sign in to follow this  

Thank you Avsim and Lago!!!! - Ultralights Mini Revie

With the Christmas holiday behind me, I decided to purchase the Lago ultralight package. I owe thanks to Avsim for the headline regarding Lago's release of the package--I might have missed it otherwise. And thanks to Lago for this gift.... It's worth twice the price if you like ultralights!Purchase was simple. I was pleased that unlike some online purchases, very little personal info was required. I bristle when sites solicit phone numbers, or turn away email addresses like hotmail. Such was not the case with the purchase from Lago. And no sooner did I submit my payment, than the email with my reg info appeared in my mailbox (BTW--I spent approx. 2hrs downloading the setup files a few days ago on my 28.8 connection).Installation was straighforward. I enjoy all the aircraft--flew each for five minutes or so. I did tweak some flight dynamics a bit--I almost always do. Ultralights are hard to get to everyone's satisfaction, as their flight envelope is so narrow. I increased the MOI on all the aircraft as I like the somewhat smoother roll and pitch response. I also upped the drag on the Quicksilvers, to bring their top level speed down to FAR 103 specs. Pretty little in the way of tweaking, which is a nice way to say that Lago did a decent job in flight dynamics.I found all the aircraft "as advertised", with virtual views of everything. Factoring in the number of aircraft and the approx $15.50 cost, it comes down to about $1.50 an aircraft, give or take. Folks--this package is a bargain. I am very proud to be Italian... :) Lago shows some of the hard work my brothers on the other side of the pond are capable of.Here is a link to a thread I opened with some shots of most of the collection....enjoy: http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID47

Guest RobA

John, Thanks for the screenshots! They look like a blast to fly. So, I ordered it and received confirmation but no code yet. :-( Tomorrow is Saturday, so I hope to have the code then. Emma Field here I come! :-)Best,Rob

Thought I'd bump this, only 'coz I posted it so late that it got buried. Been flying the Quicksilver all afternoon....

Guest RobA

John, I'm at Emma Field right now in the Trike. Got my monies worth in the first hour of flying. :-)Best, Rob

Yep...They're all I've been flying today.... Did a quick repaint of the Quicksilver, and made a tribute shot over western Phoenix--a popular haunt for ultralights. This is just NNE of I-10 and the Loop 101. And to answer an 'oft asked question, I can't release the scenery--it was made with copyrighted source... Enjoy the shot...

Errrrrr....lol....that was supposed to be: "IT comes very well recommended." - Of course, I don't lmao.