Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest hprass

Bendix auto pilot installation problem

Guest hprass

When I install the "panel' or the "Sperry panel" the cockpit view is completely black background with the gauges showing. The VC is OK. The "read me" talks about a DCAMAAM4.ZIP.. Do I need that before the DCAMAAM5? I've placed the panel cfg in the pansl folder of the RD4 and overwritten the original file, which I saved. When I go back everything returns to normal so I haven'y corrupted anything.I'm sure there's a way.The C47 expansion is just great. Thanks forcall your effort.Howard

Hello HowardFirstly, I should point out that although I am now a member of the MAAM-SIM team and had a little input into the C-47 package you now posess, my modifications to the MAAM-SIM panel that you talk about are unofficial modifications and not supported by the team here.That said, yes, you do need to install DCAMAAM4.ZIP before installing DCAMAAM5.ZIP if the latter is what you installed first. DCAMAAM5.ZIP is just a 'fix', and a very minor one, for DCAMAAM4.ZIP.My instructions in the README for DCAMAAM4.ZIP make it very clear that you SHOULD NOT overwrite any of the default MAAM-SIM files; so I am glad you saved your R4D-6 PANEL.CFG. Go back and start again with my DCAMAAM4.ZIP, reading the instructions carefully .... and I'm sure you will find everything to be just fine.Post again if not, though! We're here to help!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg[/a]

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM

G'day, As an ex RAAfie Chappie and worked on real Daks Would I be amiss in askng how do I set/turn on the George Auto Pilot I cannot find any reference to it anywhere.Should someone out there in FLT/SIM world be able to enlighten me I use FS9 though I have FSxand since I have all my genuine FS9 software I will stick with thi Sim and not FSX.I await patiently for a favourable responsePat(Ret'D Vietnam Veteran)