Sign in to follow this  
Guest wji

Merry Christmas or Scary Halloween?

Guest wji

Thanks to Mark Beaumont for the FREE uploaded repaint and effects for the Default DC-3. Does this come in a MAAM DC-3 version? Thnx.I read in the Avsim download:"INSTALLATION:Requires the previous install of the file DC3SANTA.ZIPMove the enclosed folder EFFECTS (containing subfolder 'texture') to your main 'Flight Simulator 9' folder.When asked whether or not you wish to overwrite, say yes with confidence. The only files you will overwrite are mine and they were flawed. -- Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont"Is this correct? If one clicks Yes to overwrite C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Effects folder won't all the installed Effects be overwritten leaving only the effects in this Santa packet?Maybe I was away that day but it sounds more like Scary Halloween to me. Before I do this I thought it prudent to check with the experts :-) -- Mark? . . . anyone?P.S. I already have a Texture folder in my C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Effects folder which is already used for other effects.

Hi BillMy instructions were correct. You will not lose any of the existing files by following them. However, if you are uncomfortable about doing things as suggested, just move the files manually into the corresponding folders within FS. Then if anything goes wrong, you can blame yourself, not me ;-)There are no plans to release 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed DC-3' as a MAAM-SIM version. This was just a quick work-up of the default aircraft for computer-friendly children in our midst; or, indeed, for fathers who could finally say to their wives "Look ... I told you the kids would like flight sim. It's only you who doesn't, now."MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]