Sign in to follow this  
Guest DC3 Pilot

Clock on DC-3

Guest DC3 Pilot

Hi All,I think I have a problem with my M.A.A.M.-SIM DC-3 clock.My FS2004 setting is on "system time." My computer reads CST (my time zone) correctly to the second. Right now, for example, it is 2:10 pm CST, which is 2010 GMT. However, my DC-3 clock always says 9:00 when I load the DC-3, and my Bitzer-Beaumont bubble sextant reads +6 hours added to the clock (which is correct since CST is GMT -6).Naturally, I want the bubble sextant time to read accurate GMT so that my results are correct. I believe the sextant takes the DC-3 clock and adjusts for time zone to produce GMT. So the task appears simply to get the DC-3 clock to read the correct time.The problem is that I can't reset the clock. If I try to do it using the hour button, the FS2004 crashes to desktop immediately. If I try to do it using the minute button, I get a "loading traffic" interruption every 10 minutes (clock time), plus when the hour hand reaches 10 it jumps right back to 9. I have to be missing something here :-). Suggestions?Thanks,Gary

Guest DC3 Pilot

Mostly never mind :-). I solved the basic problem by hitting ALT, going to WORLD / TIME & SEASON, and setting the time to real-world GMT. That puts the bubble sextant time on real-world GMT. And it puts the DC-3 clock on correct local time. But . . . I'd still like to know why all the crashes and weirdness when I try to set the clock on the panel with the mouse?Gary

You shouldn't be getting crashes when resetting the clock, for sure, Gary ... I do this all the time. Scenery reloads, yes, as the textures adjust to changed time, but not crashes to desktop.So not a MAAM-SIM problem, I think ... might need to look to other forums, sorry.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM