Sign in to follow this  
Guest MK85

Smoke-System

Guest MK85

Hi Folks!Does anybody know a smoke-system for the C47A/DC3, which is activated, if the power is set up to 65% ( just an example)?I really try hard to find something, but I wasn't successful yet.Thanks for help and answers!MFGHans

Hi HansTo my knowledge, there's no such thing available. It shouldn't be too hard to write a gauge to do what you want, but I don't think anyone has created one to date.Now why on earth would you want to demonstrate that you don't maintain your engines properly? :-)MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Guest MK85

>Now why on earth would you want to demonstrate that you don't>maintain your engines properly? :-)Hi Mark!Thank you for your quick answer and please excuse me for answering so late!;-)I didn't want to have a smoke system, that let the engines look like smoking cigars... I thought about a very soft smoke, which only appears, when the engines are in a high power setting.Merry christmasMFGHans

Guest Low-n-slow

Hi,Joe Binka and Bruce Thorson wrote code into their excellent Wilga STOL plane (wicked_wilga.zip at Avsim) that has their radial engine smoke at settings above approx 55% throttle setting as marked on their RPM gauge.You might be able to get ideas from their project.Good luck. If you get it working, it would make a good add-on.

Guest MK85

Hi Paul!Thank you for the hint, i immediatly sent it to my friend, who knows a lot about effects. If he gets it working, I'll upload it, that's for sure!