Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 Graphics Quality: A Very Specific Question

Dickwis.I've just taken a look at a couple of large cities and get exactly the same as you. I am running the TI4600 with an Athlon 2000XP.If you look closely you will see that there is a shivering motion at the junction of all textured faces. Looking very closely at a joint you will see a kind of waves moving down the joints. This seems worse on light coloured buildings and many sided objects. Lighting posts in addon scenery are particularly bad.I have seen this with several graphics cards and obviously the newer ones haven't cured it.The overall effect is somewhat like heat haze so you will know that there is a real problem if you see this over Alaska. ;)Rac_kphf, Thanks for the x4 AA tip. This problem has been driving me crazy with the lock-ups. And several postings haven't brought any answers.Happy new yearBaz

Paul's shot is not that hard to accomplish in terms of fps....This shot was taken with normal Autogen, building shadows off, and water/detail reflections off. AI was off for this shot as well. All else was maxed.My system? P3/800, 256 Megs RAM, GEForce 2 TIThe jpg's been compressed to 60 pct to fit Avsim's size reqs, but you get the idea. If you can't reproduce similar (or better) fps than this, then it may point back to what I discussed above--so many driver changes, that it is bogging your system down due to what I call "driver remnants".

Paul,I hope I'm not out of line in asking this question, but you appear to be extremely knowledgeable about Nvidia graphic cards. As you may remember, I have a less than 30 days old system with a P4 2.53, 512MB of DDR PC2700/333 RAM and the TI-4600. I am seriously considering the purchase of the new GeForce FX when it comes out, in spite of the "about $500" price tag (I must be totally insane). Question is, will that be a significant benefit in graphics speed and/or quality with FS2002 in my current system? Or will it be a waste of money without a faster processor? Did I make a mistake buying a MB with DDR PC2700 RAM instead of Rambus 1066? The exchange cost of a significantly faster processor is not practical at this time for me, but I could probably work out a reasonable exchange cost for the Rambus MB and memory since the system is less than 30 days old.Would appreciate you opinions on the above questions very, very much.Thanks,Dick Teschendorf