Sign in to follow this  

What is your opinion?

I've been reading a topic in the designforum about Radio Height. Some issues with the XML and C gauges and stuff. But actually, this brings us down to one major issue with FS. MS brings us a sim with a basic set of possibilities and we, 3rd party designers, have to come up with something to add some really good realism to it. This can result in some heavy C programming with the necessary bugs.I've been thinking and came up with some ideas. You can read them to understand better what I mean or just post your ideas or opinions. This is all what this topic is about. Have fun and let's hear it!My opinion on this matter!It could actually be a good idea for MS to implement the following:1) Have the 3D modellers set the position of every antenna on the A/C (with a tag or something. When you fly your plane too 'hard' (which can cause damage) and I don't just mean overspeed, then damage can occure on one or several items like e.g. antennas or such. If then the somehow model could (or A/C cfg) could somehow pass trough a variable which sais "Hey something is broken" then we can design truely as real as it get airplanes. Just a thought.2) It would be cool to have a designtool (and ofcourse the facilities in FS) to design a specific fuelsystem or elctricalsystem or hydraulicsystem. Doesn't have to be very complex (we aren't A/C engineers afterall), but some fairly simple, though extensive graphical designtool would be appreciated. Something like drag'n'drop the icons representing a part of a system and connect them. The tool would convert the the graph to some code then and voila we have e.g. a 757 specific fuelsystem.3) Something that some people would love to see is an implementation of Damage Profiles. Good ones. For example a birdstrike to an engine: Engine catches fire, blades which are completly damaged (or perhaps the cowling). Same lightingstrike or microbursts (which I haven't experinced sofar). Or perhaps a very bad landing (which in FS immideatly results in a crash with some smoke and that's it.) All those pictures at airliners.net where airplanes end up in a ditch at the end of the runway (with some damage) or a belly landing... I would love to see MS implement this since not all flights result in a rather good departure and arrival or an instant crash. Ever attempted a belly landing with a custom built airplane (a Posky one for example)? I've tried several airplanes and it was not what I expected. Only the Cessna's a re a bit true to life with that stuff. Again just a thought.I have alot more of these ideas which can contribute to the reality of the sim.For one: i think the distinction of PRO and regular version should be either a) none existent or should be :( the difficultylevel. In which PRO is very complex like described above and regular just for the newbies and people who would like to have some fun and use FS as just another game.I think enough is said though. Let's hear you people! What are your toughts on this matter? I'm talking about realism here in which better, more sophisticated, graphics (not the least important) take the second place.

Anyone? C'mon people there must be more of you out there who have some ideas and nice inputs about this stuff...