Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

Cockpit Viewpoint

How do you PERMANENTLY adjust the forward view (eyepoint?) in the cockpit? Thanks for any help.

Zoom or angle?In any case, you'll need to alter the settings under your VIEWS section in the relevant PANEL.CFG file; if there isn't one, create one above the main bitmap entry under the title window section. The lines will look something as per the sample below. Change the numbers and experiment; every panel is different.VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,GPS_PANEL,40VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.5, 0.0, 0.0The zoom setting will do what it says. The forward direction setting will change the vertical height of your view. You can do this for any windows.See the relevant forum on panel design for much more info on tutorials and so on (I think - I don't read it myself!)Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo2.jpg

Guest Henri W

Marc,Doesn't the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.5, 0.0, 0.0 line determine the viewing direction instead of the position of the pilot's head? By increasing the first number in this example (4.5) you look down more, i.e. the horizon moves up. It indicates a rotation around the x-axis, I thought. The two zero's indicate zero rotation around the Y and Z-axis, i.e. you are looking forward. Best regards,Henrihttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Stamatis

"How do you PERMANENTLY adjust the forward view (eyepoint?) in the cockpit?" You set it in the appropriate air file, using an editor like AirEd. There is an entry just for that.Stamatis