Sign in to follow this  

Uncontrollable Pitch Up

From time to time I have experienced a situation when comming out of autopilot on approach the plane dramatically pitches up and I have to apply full forward pressure on my CH Products Yoke. I go to SPOT view and see the control surfaces as they should be with the yoke pushed all the way forward, however the plane barely stays level and wants to pitch up ending in a stall situation.This has happened with a variety of aircraft with the latest being a Cathay Pacific of unknown origin, but it doesn't happen often enough nor can I reliably repeat it to pin point the cause.Can anyone shine some light on this situation?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've had this problem myself with all kinds of aircraft, especially the default Lear. The best solution I've found is to disengage the auto-pilot. After I get on course, I engage the ap, and it usually works at that point.That may not sound like much of a solution, but at least you know it's not just your system.m.jpg"A girl and her plane...It's a beautiful thing."

You should always check where the autopilot has set your pitch, and rudder trim before disengaging it. It may be in the process of correcting when you switch it off and you get stuck with it in an extreme position.Dave Spurlock