Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thad

Multiplayer w/ Vista Issue

I've recently been trying FSX multiplayer in Vista with a new USB headset w/mic and discovered a problem. In XP you could go to the audio properties dialog and use the voice tab to direct voice communications (only) through the headset instead of the sound card. In other words all voice communications are done through the headset and other sounds are played through the sound card and speakers. In Vista the audio properties/playback devices dialog does not contain a voice tab to direct voice comm to the headset. After some research it's my understanding that the new Vista audio stack requires the application (FSX) to control which audio devices sounds are output. It sounds like we need some options in the FSX sound dialog allowing us to direct voice communication to the headset instead of the sound card. I hope ACES is aware of this incompatibility with Vista and that FSX SP1 will address this issue.Are there any tips/workarounds (ie cfg, xml change) to make this work in Vista?Thanks,Thad

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, I've sent an email to tell_fs to notify Aces of the issue, but have not received a reply. If possible, can someone from the ACES team frequenting the forums shed some light on this issue and suggest some possible work a rounds for the time being. I'd really like to hear voice communication through the headset since it