Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgdawhole9

Real Weather Download

Guest sgdawhole9

Hey all -Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a problem. I installed McAfee Security and now I'm having problem loading real wheather and staying connected to multiplayer. I looked in the FSX knowledge forum and tried to suggestion (maybe not correctly) with no luck. If I disable my firewall it works. Is this safe? If anyone had this problem and was able to fix it I would really appreciate it.Dawhole9

Guest Desert Flyer

Safe? No, not really. I've certainly run my computer hooked to the net without a firewall for months at a time without incident, but I wouldn't do it today.Since disabling your firewall allows the game to work correctly I think you can assume pretty safely that it's being blocked by the firewall and you'll need to make sure any necessary ports are opened for it, and the game itself.I can't help beyond this since FSX works right out of the box (so to speak) for my computer even with a firewall and router firewall and didn't take any changes to be made on my part.As far as staying connected to multiplayer, I've never had a good time staying connected to Gamespy with FSX. It disconnects me on a regular basis dependant on what my last action was and then tells me erroneously that I might have logged in from another computer so it's disconnecting me. I've read many peoples posts that say to stay or make sure I log out from gamespy in the freeflight game lobby which is the only one I visit now and it seems to help a lot with staying logged into the service until I choose to log out myself.