Sign in to follow this  
Guest kbohme

ATC add ons

Guest kbohme

hey,been getting a little tired of the FSX ATC interface, even more so since I started experiementing ith the vatsim stuff.Does anyone know if there is an add on out there that I could use for FSX default multioplayer ATC ?

Guest N6722c

>hey,>been getting a little tired of the FSX ATC interface, even>more so since I started experiementing ith the vatsim stuff.>Does anyone know if there is an add on out there that I could>use for FSX default multioplayer ATC ?Currently, there is nothing any better than the FSX Standard "Tower Control", for FSX Multiplayer.Vatsim Radar systems do not work with FSX Multiplayer, and cannot "easily" be made to, because Microsoft has not released the Multiplayer SDK (Software Development Kit), necessary to figure out how FSX Multiplayer works, and interface to it. {sigh}Commercial developers are unlikely to develop a FSX ATC Radar, due to limited market, made even smaller by the fact that most GIVE UP on FSX Multiplayer, after experiencing so many problems with GAMESPY, and FSX Multiplayer "Hang ups".With Shared Cockpit, FSX Multiplayer had the potential to be a KNOCKOUT, but with the Gamespy Problems, and lack of SDK for 3rd party Developers to make FSX MP addons, FSX Multiplayer is almost DEAD.Consider the worldwide sales of FSX :- you need only look on FSX Gamespy, to see the MINIMAL numbers who are attempting to do anything with FSX Multiplayer.While FSX is having some success on other MP systems, such as Vatsim, many still prefer to stick with FS2004, to be assured of Computer Stabilty, and to continue to use the masses of addons, that were developed for FS2004.Sad state of affairs -- FSX has the potential to be far better that it turned out to be, for the Multiplayer world.Geoff_D

Guest PPSFA

I fly with a bunch that includes some real world pilots. We take turns acting as ATC, which is a real hoot.