Sign in to follow this  

FS2K2 Add on Sceneries Quota Limit?

I have installed an extensive amount of payware and freeware add on scenery files on my FS2K2. Presently, the declared sceneries in the scenery config file (inclusive of the original FS2K2 sceneries) amount to approximately 330(!).Yesterday I installed two more. However, while the procedure of adding sceneries worked normally these ones didn't seem to register anymore. At first they appeared but if I exited and then tried to return to the sceneries they simply wouldn't appear again in the "added scenery file FS2K2 window", let alone in the game itself.Suspecting this might be an internal limitation of the game itself, I deleted a few sceneries that I didn't want to keep (6 in all) and then reinstalled the two formerly mentioned. This time the program registered them correctly and the sceneries appeared normally in the scenery config file and in the game.My questions simply put are :Does FS2K2 have a built in limit as to the number (quantity) of add on sceneries it can accept?If so, is there a way to override it?Otherwise, would anyone have a clue why the system would suddenly behave in such an odd manner?Many thanks in advance for your kind help and feedback.Best Regards,Kevin

Guest Lindy

This question has popped up before and recently too. Yes, it appears there IS a limit as to the number of addon sceneries the program will handle. As you've learned, the limit is at or close to 330.This is why many of us have started consolidating our sceneries by author..... i.e. all of Don Moser's sceneries are installed in ONE set of Scenery/Texture folders, instead of each one separately. As for addon planes, I don't know about a limit on those but I presume there is one.-Lindy :-wave

Kevin,Can't say I've experienced hitting the fill-line on sceneries,but did want to mention that FS can read files from anywhere on your HD or HD's for that matter,My particular setup is as follows...all sceneries that call for installation to Add-On scenery,I place there.Then I have all other additional scenery in a folder,outside of FS,on the same HD,in a folder named "3rd party sceneries",this presently holds over 2.0 Gig,it could be and I have no proof,that FS may have an internal limit on file size,but if read from an outside folder,well,so far I've had no problem. SimdawgHey, Lindy how you been?