Sign in to follow this  
Guest grw62

NVidia to ATI switch giving me probs.

Guest grw62

I have been with nvidia cards for yonks. Just switched to a lowly 9550/250ddr. Apart from getting it tuned properly a MAJOR PROBLEM IS IT WILL CAUSE A REBOOT OF FS9 WHEN MOVING BETWEEN FULLSCREEN & WINDOW MODE.It is also SLOW when accessing the FS9 MENU and back again.Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Guest brian_woolley

I did the same as you, same card (9550) and had similar problems. I had uninstalled the Nvidia drivers (driver cleaner) before the changeover.I finally resolved the problems by totally wiping the hard drive and reloading everything (needed doing anyway!!). Brian

Guest allcott

Really this should be in the hardware forum.When changing brands, unnistall the driver software, run Drive Cleaner Pro, replace the card, reinstall chipset drivers and possibly DirectX (why not, it only takes a few seconds) then install new drivers for the card.Allcott

Guest grw62

>AllcottThanks Allcott (and Brian, but your suggestion was too rad. for me)Did what you suggested but still probs. Found FS9.cfg had a [display] listing for the Nvidia and the ATI. Charming!!!Deleted file and let program rebuild it............ ALL IS WELL AGAIN.In re-tuning card discovered 'enable geometry instancing' smoothed out ops nicely.By the way you guys, don't forget.... crank down your 'latency' numbers for a great boost to smoother flying. There is an article on it somehwere.Thanks AVSIM for the forum.