Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottPilot

Solution found: CH ProPedals USB + WinXP Pro

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I finally figured out how to work around the centering problem of the CH ProPedals USB under Windows XP.For those that maybe missed the previous posts or don't remember, there is a problem with the specific pedals that seem to be off center when physically centered. This problem occurs only with Windows XP, but not for everybody (!?), and ONLY for the specific piece of hardware. The USB yokes or Joysticks work fine!Anyway, I am 100% certain that this is a problem of the CH Windows XP drivers. This solution I'm proposing should be considered TEMPORARY until CH releases the proper and corrected drivers. The problem REMAINS and CAN be detected in the control panel of WinXP.The solution is ONLY applicable to FS2002.Go to the sensitivities menu, select the CH ProPedals USB as the device, select advanced and move the rudder sensitivity to approx 60-75% and the null zone to approx 50-60%. This forces FS2002 to be very less sensitive on the rudder but at least the a/c won't drift to the left or right!I repeat this is a temporary solution until CH takes us seriously and release the PROPER AND CORRECT drivers for WindowsXP for this device.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest byoung

Hey George,You can also use FSUIPC Joystick Calibration (See FSUIPC docs for all the advantages) via the pedals themself. The nice thing is you can see the Axis as you are moving the pedals. Mine stuck at 63 and wouldn't reset to zero.Also, you SHOULD NOT use the CH Control Manager to calibrate the Yoke and Pedals. Everytime I do, it removes the devices from the Windows XP controllers list in the control panel > controllers.Also, I responded to you on my thread, but I used the FSUIPC Joystick Calibration along with plugging the pedals into the last USB port (I have a $20 NEC four port PCI USB card) (one closest to the motherboard). I disabled the internal USB ports on my motherboard all together (although I guess you really don't have to). I did this to insure that only the PCI USB card is in control.Anyway, it is not perfect, but a 1000% improvement. It is very difficult to determine whether it is the pedal sensitivity / drivers issue or problems with the flight model on the aircraft. My bench mark aircraft is the Cheyenne 400 from FSD. I set the winds to zero. And then I do my "Taxi Test" and, WOW what a difference. The PSS Dash 8 seems to still careen a bit. But that might be because of the P-factor or a problem with the flight model.I hope this helps, and please see my reply to you on my thread.Take care!Barry

so many problems with winXP and it being able to support other stuff. guess im going to have to cross that out of my list

Tend to agree about XP... Too many issues to list with XP and I will be waiting until XP second edition comes out...

Hey GuysI have been using XP since it came out with CH products and never had any problems at all ! It is the only way to go, and if someone says that Win xx works better it is more than possible there is a setup issue some where. If you really want to tweak your settings with any joystick etc. you should use the FSUIPC interphase. IMHO of course !!!Regards Wayne

Guest ScottPilot

I totally agree with you!I have had NO problems since using Windows XP Pro with my CH Yoke and rudder pedals.I used FSUIPC to set the controls up and then no problems since!Scott :-)