Sign in to follow this  

SPHI-SPPY I double dare ya!

OK, I know it is a bit morbid but I often reenact aviation accidents in flight sim just to gain an appreciation for what can go wrong. The tragic loss of TANS Flt 222 a few days ago in the mountains of Peru stimulated my interest to fly FS in a region I don't often go (actually, I've been to Peru more times in the real world than in the sim!). Well, the short hop from Chiclayo to Chachapoyas (the route of the doomed Fokker 28) gave me a greater challenge than I expected. I used the Iron Knuckles DC9 as the closest airliner I have in my hangar and flew with current weather, which I assume is better than that of the day of the accident. Still, what awaits you at the end of the journey is perhaps one of the most interesting approaches in the sim IMO. I can't imagine it is like that in real life but if so, it won't take the detectives long to figure out what went wrong. Does anyone know this area?David