Sign in to follow this  

NO SMOKE EFFECTS

I am sure I read this previously in a flight sim forum or I should say the answer. Find it now? No chance!I no longer have the smoke effects on touch down with any of my aircraft despite having the smoke system selected. Furthermore, in almost all of the cfg files there is no reference to the smoke system. What am I doing/have done wrong? I recently downloaded Rolf's old jet smoke, amended the cfg file but guess what, no smoke!!Any suggestions,please. Many thanksKeith

Guest Andy_YXU

What you need to look for is:{EFFECTS}wake=fx_wakewater=fx_spraydirt=fx_tchdrtconcrete=fx_sparkstouchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1that these lines are there and maybe check in your effects folder that you have all these files.Also maybe by mistake or something an option for effects got disabled in your display preferences...Just a guess...Good luckAndyPS:(SMOKE EFFECTS}ACTUALLY{SmokeSystem} Smoke.0= 0, -40, 0, snowSmoke.1= 0, 40, -40, snowSmoke.2= 0, 40, 40, snowIs something like above in this case I use the snow on the ground add-on not the normal engine smoke, numbers are x,y,z axis for origin location.. but that has nothing to do with tire smoke after touchdown

AndyMany thanks. Sadly, my cfg files contain this info. I seem to get the smoke emmissions, but in shadow only. Not simply as smoke. I loaded FS2002 on an old computer. The smoke effects are there with what appears as the same cfg files. A mystery for sure. One thing I did see was that the smoke option in the aircraft realism options was greyed out. However, on my current computer I have the option of select.Keith