Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcc

CFS3 aircraft addon

Guest A32X

Hi,I was wondering why there are so few CFS3 aircraft available. Does CFS3 use Gmax? Are there any design groups like AFG for example making CFS3 aircraft?Regards,

Guest imemyself

I think you might be able to make CFS3 w/ gmax but I think the reason there aren't many is because it uses different types of files and is organized differently. They also don't have regular panels. Look in a folder for one of the planes in the CFS3/aircraft folder, and compare it to what a folder for an a/c contains in your FS2002(or CFS2)/aircraft folder.

Guest dcc

I concur. CFS3 is a radical departure from previous fs/cfs sims in terms of add-on development. It's taking a lot of us designers for a ride as we wade through what ms has provided so far, and hack through the rest. Also, I think a lot of designers (such as myself) are waiting for the patch to come out before settling in for the long haul. I just hope that fs2004 learning curve isn't nearly as bad. - dcc