Sign in to follow this  
Guest lusthansa

1.) Allocation of functions to joystick / 2.) finding VOR - Receiver in Dash 8

Guest lusthansa

Hello,I am a real life commercial pilot but I am new to 04 flight simulation.I have purchased recently:1.) 1 * Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick2.) 1 * MicroSoft Flight Simulator 20043.) 1 * Majestic Software DeHavilland Canada Dash 8 Q 300 Add On.I have some questions that I could not figure out by RTFM.a) On the left hand side of my black joystick from Logitech I find a panel of buttons with the numbers 7, 8,, 9, 10, 11, 12. What are the functions? If there are no functions by default ... how can I allocate functions that I do often need to fly my Dash 8 by Majestic Software comfortably manually? (Like: Press 11 = change com 1 standby<=>active FREQ.How Can I make this Joystick to behave like my old Microsoft ForceFeedback with MS FS 98: The latter did accept any input for the rudders by turning the stick around its vertical axis in unlimited fine steps. So I could always center the ball of the T + B indicator.With Logitech it

Guest jimcooper1

You can assign the button functions by pressing the 'Alt' key to bring up the Menu, then click on 'Options' then on 'Assignments'You probably need to calibrate your Joystick usingAlt - Options - Setting - Calibrate Joystick. Your Joystick may also have come with some software which enables you to set up the sensitivities and null-zonesTo access your Radio Stack you probably have to call up a new Window.Alt - View - Instrument Panel will get a list of the available panels..maybe one of them is Radios?? Alternatively, use keyboard shortcuts to access the available panels..shift+2, shift+3 etc RegardsJim

Guest allcott

The rudder problem can probably be overcome by adjsuting the default settings for sensitivity and, specifically, null. `Null` as far as FS is concerned is just a large `dead` zone designed to stop built-to-a-price joysticks with electronic jitter (uncommmanded control spikes) making the plane flying all over the place. But the problem with this apparently simple concept is that the full range of virtual control surface deflection must also be available, within the total range of movement of the stick - so what happens when you have a large null zone is exactly what you describe - nothing happens for ages, the it all happens at once. For that reason, the solution is to turn sensitivity up to maximum in-game, then set null to minimum and adjust each until you get no response spikes. The best method is in the Virtual Cockpit, when you can relate the controller movwement to the control movement of the yoke or stick in the sim. NOTE: If you reverse the controls using the box in the assignments menu you ALSO reverse the sensitivity settings, so then you need to start with MINIMUM sensitivity and MAXIMUM null. You shouldn't need to reverse the controls for rudder twist controlFSUIPC is an addon that, in its payware version offers advanced calibration routines far beyond the default clumsiness - you can adjust sensitivity directly, or as a response curve - which mean you can mimic the inertia of a large aircraft about ALL axes, not just rudder. You can even bypass the FS assignment completely. If you can't get a satisfactory result using the default method then I recommend you plump for a paid-for copy FSUIPC.http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlHope this helpsAllcott