Sign in to follow this  

Good flight on VATSIM and an online ATC question...

First, I had a great flight on VATSIM last night thanks to the professional coverage of the Denver crew. I haven't used online ATC in a long time and was pleasantly surprised how easily it came back to me (I use a rather complicated setup with multiple computers, etc). Glad to see so many controllers use voice now. A few things that I thought might have evolved by now haven't seemed to, though, and I'll post them here in case someone knows of a solution.- The Roger Wilco automatic "switch" only seems to happen when you double-click on the ATC directory to change channels. Now that I have GoFLight units for my comm radios, it sure would be cool to just dial in the frequencies and have RW follow along. Is there a way to do that?- Also, all the online planes look exactly like me! I thought there was something in the works that would make this more realistic. To make matters worse, if I'm flying a nonGmax plane (PIC767 for example), the frame rates become horrible when there are others around. Actually, I'd prefer to not see any other planes in that case.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi David,Can't help you with the GoFlight stuff; I'm not that fortunate, yet:)But I believe there is a folder called "CSL" installed into your FS aircraft directory during the squawkbox install. The Common Shape Library has all the popular a/c types in it and FS uses these to display other pilots a/c while you are online. Here's a link to d/l it. http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/seang1/csl/I'm not sure if you need the earlier version of CSL or not, but if you head over to VATSIM.net, look under the download Squawkbox links for it.Hope this helps,CF-AOA