Sign in to follow this  

FS 2002 - Display Problems

Hi all...My situation is...When I firt got FS2002/Pro (Christmas 2001), everything looked just fine, even with all display settings @ maximum.However, after having re-istalled FS2002, I notice that the anti-aliasing feature does not seem to work; it used to, but it does not do it now.My video card graphics settings are correct; nothing has changed, since I first made edits to its options. I am running @ 1024 x 768 / 32-bit (as before, when I had no anti-aliasing problems with FS2002); but things just don't look right.... not anymore.By the way, I had updated my drivers (Nvidia)* drivers (tested every available one that would work for all my stuff), but Links 2001 Golf would crash, and MS Train did not work; no brakes, reverse, etc. However, even after re-installing the video card default drivers (from original/O.E.M. Cd), I did get Links 2001 to look right again, but FS2002 & Train don't look right now.... and I did re-install MS Train & FS2002, after going back to default video drivers.* downloaded driver(s) for Nvidia chipset; my video card uses the default Hercules 3D Prophet II drivers (for Nvidia chipset), but they are not the same version (per release date, etc).Please help... and I apologize for the lengthy message. StanleyP.S. Are there any patches/updates for FS2002 and/or MS Train that resolve video card issues?

Stanley,You mentioned about upgrading Nvidia drivers. I am not sure the process you went through to do that, but it is critical that you remove all previous Nvidia drivers through the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel, and for an extra good measure, run the Detonator Destroyer program. Reboot your system, then reinstall the 30.82 drivers when it detects your graphic card upon boot up.I have Windows 2000 PRO and that procedure has worked fine for me every time I install new drivers. Hope it works for you, and you become fully operational.Keith

Thanks for the prompt reply, Keith!I did go back to the Hercules 3d Prophet II / GTS 64 default drivers that came with the video card (on original O.E.M. cd).As for un-istalling the drivers that did not work, I did everything that I was suppose to do... or so I thought - lol.Anyway, I removed all Nvidia files from registry HotKey(s), as instructed, and the default .INF file is where it is supposed to be: in the C:WindowsINFother directory.Now.. what's this "Detonator" thing you are referring to? Does it actually have to do with only the Detonator series of drivers, etc., or is it a program that removes any driver files?Again.... thanks for your assistance!Stanley

Stanley,Detonator Destroyer is available at [www.guru3d.com]. It is designed to remove all files from the registry that have to do with your currently installed Nvidia driver set. If I am not mistaken, it is designed to work with specific operating systems. I know Windows 98 is one of them. When you get to the main screen of Guru3D, click on the Nvidia Detonator Drivers on the right menu. It should take you to a listing of the currently available Detonator drivers. Read the description of the Detonator Destroyer, and see if your operating system is covered by the program.Good luck!Keith

Hello Keith!Thanks for the link to that site. I hope that it is exactly whatI need!Again... many thanks for the prompt replies! You probably saved me from a lot of further aggrevation over this 'driver' issue.Stanley