Sign in to follow this  

Multi-Texturing

Hi all,could you tell me exactly what does multi-texturing really stands for??? I'm asking that because when turned off it gives a boost 5fps or more but I haven't noticed any graphics change so far...And usually does it really eats FPS like that???Thanks,Jean.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey there,Multi-texturing means that the engine will use 2 or more textures for some parts of the grafics, for example for the water effects, but probably most visible when reflections are set on. If set to on (and supported by ur gfx-card) fs 2k2 is capable of blending 2 different textures onto the same surface, and thus enabling special effects. Reflections wont work w/o MT, simply because then the GFX card is instructed to only display one texture per surface, and the aircraft surface is already filled by the livery texture. If you want reflections on, and have MT on, ur GFX card will blend more textures over that livery texture set, which gives the shiny look.All this of course means more VRAM load, more calculations to be done, and therefor fewer FPS.Hope this helps.