Sign in to follow this  
Guest maz_b

Graphics

Guest maz_b

I'm super confused about the structure of this forum. So I am ever so sorry if I ask a question wich has already been answered. I did my best to understand the replies and topics.Right now I have an 8800GTS 320 MB gfx. I think the graphics look alrigt, and I have tried to be realistic about the settings -I know it is not the most impressive gfx. But eventhough I believe I keep it realistic, I still think the graphics are a little choppy.I have changed everything from bi-linear, tri-linear, and anisotrophic, and lots and lots of other settings. But whatever I do, I still think that the graphics are a little choppy.off course I have also changed the complexity setting, but when I set them at low, it seems just as choppy as when I set them fairly high.My sytems is an OCed E6600 2.4 @ 3.4 Ghz and an 8800 GTS OCed quite a bit as well.I'm considering buying a 9800GX2 -will that get rid of the choppy-ness??Thanks a lot in advance. And again, I'm very sorry if I repeat a question wich has alredy been answered. But I think the forum is a little bit confusing. I apologize.EDIT: when I do rolls and such in the Extra 300S, for example, everything is super smooth.. -but forward fligt is a little choppy.. -is this normal???.

Guest D17S

FSX? Right? The 9800 probably won't help much. If you are looking to upgrade a Vcard, wait for the reviews on the GTX280 to come in next month. For now, try this experiment: On the Scenery tab, set all Left side setting (terrain and water) to max, 'cept water to just hi. Then set all Scenery tab Right side settings (Scenery objects) to off. Go to the Weather and Traffic tabs and set everything to OFF. If things smooth out, it's not your Vcard. Start bringing back in the Scenery objects stuff, Traffic and weather till you "can't stand it no more." Back off a notch. All that stuff is CPU driven. That's all you're gonna get with your CPU or present day hardware in general. A quad might help a smidge with scenery loading, but that's it.