Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimitris

some components: please take a look

Hello everybodyI am going to buy a new system in the next two weeks. I 'm going to use it for both work (CAD, CAE etc) and FS (FS9 for now, FSX maybe later). Please take a look at the following components. Comments are more than welcome!Intel Core 2 Quad 9450Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX (probably ASUS or something similar)RAM: 2*1GB+2*512 OR 3*1GB OR 4GB (i explain below)Motherboard: ASUS P5N-D500 GB Westernd Digital SATA2 HDD (and i will also install 2 other older SATA1 drives)1) ProcessorI this (9450) a wise choise? On the one hand I frequently use engineering software (many cores needed) and on the other hand we have FS9 with NO multi core support. I may upgrade to FS9 but not soon.2) MemoryI know that the more -> the better but since I will probably run Win XP 32 bit, 4 GB will not be correctly recognized. So either I stick to 3 GB or I install WIn XP 64 and 4 GB of RAM3) MotherboardI haven't read the best comments for 750 based mobos, but since I buy an NVIDIA card , I thought that only such a mobo will give me the choise to go SLI in the future.4) graphicsThere are some new ATI cards out there these days in comparable prices. Do you thing that they are worth it or not?5) OSAs i said above, i consider getting a 64bit version of WinXP. Apart from hardware and drivers issues is there any known incompatibility with FS addons in 64 bit environment?Thank you in advanceDimitrisAthens, Greece

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!