Sign in to follow this  
krishcanag

ATi or Nvidia best for FSX/FS2004

Hello So is there any truth in the claim that FS2004 and/or FSX would work better with a Nvidia card than a ATI. Specifically sappaire 4850?http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/product_info.php...ducts_id=234559I am thinking it is better to buy this product than spend more money buying parts and making my own PC for the first time when things could go pear shape and have agruements with suppliers about duff parts.krishan Other option was buy parts;asus pk5 preimum wi-fi or pe5q and e8500 plus other parts

Guest JIMJAM

I can tell you first hand that the 4870 is Alot faster overall than the 4850.I just recently had the sappaire 4850 and the clouds killed it.My bfg 8800gt was way faster but the 4850 was better in every other game I had except FSX. I ended up returning the 50 and happy with the 4870.There are the new monster gig cards that cost twice as much but not all that faster from what I have heard and seen.Its your money but I would either go with the 4870 or one of the 8800gt cards.All are less than $300 and in 6 months or so, you could maybe move up then as I am sure the entire tech scene will have changed although FSX will be the same so who knows?I would concentrate on the fastest proccessor as my main prority.

jimjamThat would be a E8500 or QUAD but not the expencisve ones, just the Q6600, which has a lower clock speed, so I would think the E8500 wins, FS2004 is single thread not sure about FSX, don't know what happens with add-on aircraft.krishan