Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adie

Problems with FSX Service Pack2 and Horizon Scenery

Guest Adie

I recently installed SP2 and it worked fine. I then uninstalled my Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery files to add the new versions. The features added by SP2 (separate sound/voice channels etc) stopped working. I tried to reinstall SP2 and it started to install but it stopped as it was "caching files" and I got a message saying "Microsoft Flight simulator X Service pack 2 setup has ended before completing your installation. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later date please run setup again." The system then "rolled back" without installing. Several tries - same result.I uninstalled SP1 and FSX, defragged the hard disk, ran a virus check and reinstalled FSX and SP1. When I try to reinstall SP2 I get the same message about "caching files" and then it "rolls back" without installing. It seems to me that when the programmes were uninstalled a piece of code was left somewhere that makes the computer think that SP2 is already installed, so it won't re-install it.Any help much appreciated - Adie

Guest firehawk44

Make sure you have Microsoft .net framework 3.5 installed (latest version). SP2 will install a new FSX.exe so you should look at the Properties of FSX.exe and see what version is installed.Jim

Guest Adie

Jim, thanks for that. I will check those issues. I did notice that after installing SP2 the old short cut for FSX on my desktop wouldn't work anymore and I had to create a new one - this shows a completely different icon??? When I re-installed FSX the original icon did not re-appear.Adie

Guest Adie

Jim, thanks for that. I will check those issues. I did notice that after installing SP2 the old short cut for FSX on my desktop wouldn't work anymore and I had to create a new one - this shows a completely different icon??? When I re-installed FSX the original icon did not re-appear.Adie