Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

Graphic's card help

Guest sunbear

Thinking about getting a 8800GT card for my computer from Newegg who I assume has the best pricing. Can anyone advise me what card I should get that would fit in with my computer spec's below:E6600 conroeAsus P5B-E motherboardAti 1600/1650 512meg 4 meg of DDR2-800 linked ramRosewell 600 watt power supplyIBM hatachi 250gig hard driveAftermarket fan driven cooler for main processor.Regards,jack

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Jack,The one thing you didn't mention was the case you're using. If cooling is an issue, I'd recommend the 8800 GTS (512mb). The GT is a good card but, because it's a single slot card, the GPU fan will blow the heat into your case. The GTS is a dual slot and blows the heat out through the back. The two should be pretty close in performance otherwise. IMHO, the few extra dollars for the GTS is worth it.Hope this helps,Regards,Jeff