Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

CPU/Mobo overclocking?

A question for the experts:Just installed a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP with an AMD 2400XP. Kept my Crucial 512MB PC2100 memory, GF3ti200 and 7200 40GB hardrive. Ran FS2K2 and it doesn't seem like anything changed, FPS kind of stayed the same. I'm running a network off this computer so I know that draws resources.Running Easytune to overclock it shows I'm running the FSB at 140mhz, and this gives me a software overclocking setup at 2100mhz. Anyone else running this program? What are your settings? Comparable specs? On the mobo, I've got the switches set at AUTO for the clock ratio and 133mhz for the CPU clock. When I set the clock at 166 mhz, computer won't turn on. When I set the clk_ratio to 12x computer won't turn on. Haven't messed with the BIOS at all. Running latest Hyperion VIA 4in1 drivers and latest BIOS off of Gigabytes website. Anyone got any ideas on how I can squeeze the last bit of performance out of this rig. So sad that this is what we've been reduced to, lol.Planning on getting Kingsgate 512MB PC3200 memory in the not to distant future (that way I can use my old ECS K7VTA3/1700XP to run outside views maybe), will this give me that much better performance?Thanks,Lobaeux

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!