Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave Culp

Low-impact models for multiplayer use

Question

Guest Dave Culp

Here's a package with some low-impact AI models that will help make multiplayer a better experience. The package so far only has models for the F-16, 787, A-10, Seneca, Concorde, B1900, SR71, and SU37. Some of my airplanes have AI models already included in their packages.Here are instructions for FG 0.9.10 (0.9.11 may have a system in place for this. Don't know). Add the low-impact model to the airplane's /Models directory. Make a backup of the old model's XML wrapper file. Make a new XML wrapper file with the name of the old one and edit it to remove everything except the information. Change the filename to use the low-impact model.Note that your new XML wrapper will really help prevent sim halting while the airplane's files are being parsed. Some of these airplanes use XML wrappers and models that can cause several seconds of sim halting.If you'd like to contribute your own low-impact models, just send them to me and I'll add them to this package. All I ask is that the low-impact model have no more than a couple thousand surfaces, and no textures at all.ftp://upload.comcast.net/hangar/AI-models.tar.gzDavedavidculp2 at comcast dot net

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet