Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jorge Antunes

PSD and PSSP

Guest Jorge Antunes

Hello everybody,I usualy use Photoshop to do my repaints but some paintkits como in psp format files.When i try to open some psp files in photoshop I get an error message (i can't remember right now).Is there anyway I can open psp files in photoshop without getting that error message?Thanks in advance,Jorge Antunes

Guest babil

Hello Jorge,no, I don't think there is a way to open psp filesin photoshop. I had the same problem some time ago.I searched in the net for a plug in but I didn'tfind anything. The only solution, is to installthe PSP demo version , open the files there and savethem in psd format. (PSP has this option).Best regardsVassilis BabilisCheck my other repaints!http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...ilis&CatID=Root

Guest Jorge Antunes

Thanks Vassilis,That was the only solution I could think...That will have to do it.Thanks anyways.Best regards,Jorge AntunesPortugal

Guest JoeW

See post at other thread.Joe w.

Guest JoeW

>Hello everybody,>I usualy use Photoshop to do my repaints but some paintkits>como in psp format files.>When i try to open some psp files in photoshop I get an error>message (i can't remember right now).>Is there anyway I can open psp files in photoshop without>getting that error message?>Thanks in advance,>Jorge AntunesThe PSP format has not only laters, but sub layers that alows you to place Shadows and other highlights and Effects to items on the layer. Paint shop Pro does not support this feature even though it will open SOME psp files. Thats why some will open... and some wont. If you can have someone to flatten those layers for you , then you can edit them.Joe W.

Guest Kd527

PSP is a FANTASTIC program! I recommend getting it. It can do *.PSD files.Sorry I can't help you beyond that.