Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightplan

Abacus FS Repaint

Guest flightplan

Hi,My Name is Tom and I'm a newbie to computers, FS2004, FS Repaint, and this forum. I started to learn the FS Repaint program and discovered that a good chunk of the manual was missing - especially the Caravan repaint tutorial - not there. I checked the publisher's online help and the repaint program is not listed. I have sent several emails asking about the problem but no response yet. I have been trying to learn the program but it's hard. There have been a couple of folks on another forum that have helped a lot - at least getting started.I will probably be asking some questions regarding painting with FS Repaint. In fact, I've got a qestion now: When the texture tab is clicked there are some thumbnails showing the textures currently on the aircraft. The textures are all mixed up and I can't tell what I'm painting. Is there a way to "take apart" the textures shown in the thumbnail in order to see what is what?I Just want to say hello to everyone in the forum. Any help, suggestion, tips, or advice will be appreciated.Than you.Tom

Guest Lionel Goh

hello,i don't use FS Repaint but here's what i can say..usually the fuselage is split into parts (mircosoft ones are messy as i suppose they don't expect you to edit them)basically what you do is cut them out and paste them on a seperate canvas and join them altogether hope this helps.

Guest flightplan

Hi,Thanks for the response. Sounds like the solution to my problem but I'm not sure what I need to do in order to cut them out and paste them on a separate canvas. Do I use a tool like the polygon to outline the texture? What is a separate canvas? I'm really new at this so please excuse my "stupid" questions. Thanks for your help.Tom

Guest Lionel Goh

no problem..basically what a new canvas is a new file or image... ;)i would use the marquee tool to cut it out..then set the layer to multiply to align it..and set it back to normal.here's what you should get if you do it right:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78564.jpg