Sign in to follow this  

TV set and FS2002

Anyone using a tv for a display? How is it?Are there any tv's out there with DVI inputs?Would a HDTV make a good display for a computer?I'm just trying to find a cheaper soloution that a $2000 projector.I currently have a 21" monitor with a Fresnel lens. Need bigger.

Guest outtatimeiii

A standard TV can only do around 640x480. I fly sometimes on a 30" TV screen in my living room when I wanna show someone my new plane or something. Works pretty well, not perfect though. The primary issue with standard TV's is that its very hard to read the writing on the panel, menus, etc. If you go with a TV, your gonna have to use a very low resolution (640x480 or 800x600 at the max).21" TV with fresnel lens not big enough? jeez LOL. I would love to have that 21" in place of my current 17", but it will never fit :( .

Try a search for a scan converter. With this you simply plug it to the monitor port in your somputer and go to the TV via s-video or RCA. The one I have cost about 100 bucks and can support up to 1200x? resolution. There is no flicker, but the 1200x? resolution does not look as good as a comp. monitor does. I had mine hooked up to my 64 inch (oh yea...it's nice) TV, but could barely read my instruments during the flight. The scan converter has an option of zooming in and then I can se the instraments fine, but normal view, really can't see small letters and numbers clearly. But I tell ya, sittin' on the couch flying with 64 inches in front of me, almost felt real.....almost.

A scan convertor. Coll. I'll start there. Thanks.

I have 3 additional monitors below. I put my guages there. I just want a big tv for the Virtual cockpit.