Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Using AI aircraft - please help?

Hi everyone. I am a long time user of flightsim, and avid enthusiast. one thing I have never been able to do is assign "AI" aircraft to operate flights within flightsim. I have downloaded a couple of aircraft from flightsim, and apparently need to assign flights to these aircraft. Does anyone know where I can find information on this process, or is anyone able to help me out. Thanks in advance.

Everything I know I learned from using a little program called GA_MAKER. It, in turn, makes use of TTOOLS by Lee Swordy. I gather than many of the GUI front ends for managing AI makes use of TTOOLS. Here is a short read of how the process works with TTOOLS:http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=456-Basil

Guest P3_Super_Bee

There are a couple of ways to do AI Aircraft. One is the way you have started...1. Gather aircraft and install.2. Gather flight plans. (quite a bit here in the AVSIM libraryor, here are a couple of other sites to start with:www.aitraffic.netwww.projectai.com3. Use a program called TTools (in the AVSIM Library) 4. A couple of other programs that will come in handy are AFCAD, AIMover, and editvoicepack (all here in the AVSIM library)With AVCAD you can add more parking spots/gates to airports, to allow more aircraft to use the airport. You can also use it to add parking spots/gates to airports that don't have default spots/gates, (There are also many AFCAD files here in the library)With AIMover if you get into multi layer AFCAD files this will allow you to move aircaft flights to the other layers.With editvoicepack, this will allow you to add more call signs that ATC will reconize. (you can make your own, or agian many files here in the AVSIM library.)WOW seems like a lot of work.....or you can go the Project AI route(www.projectai.com), and they have airline packages with installers. Start with the base package as this one has the actual aircraft files in it. Then with airlines I belive Olypmic and Britsh Airways need to be the first two airlines to be installed then the rest can be in any order(check there fourms for correct order, or someone will post behind me with the correct answer if I'm wrong) I would also recommended adding there GA flights. Doing this will change aircraft reg numbers to match the country you are flying in.There is also a payware AI out, But I don't have any info on this route.As always read the instructions with the programs, and make backups. In either way you go, I actually do a little of both. It is pretty easy to get the hang of it. It is a little time consuming if you are looking to put in a lot of airlines. But well worth the effort in the end. I currently am up to like 70+ airlines and 200,000+ flights, with close to 500 callsigns to choose from.Jeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii