Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robydeboule

PT TU154B2: flight instruments

Hi all,I try my best to ride this amazing plane but I can't use the AP for HBY or NAV.*The plane is shaking (aileron trim) at high altitude.*As I don't understand how to use HBY nav, is it possible to plug the native GPS instead of HBY navigation ? Or if someone could explain in few words HBY navigation it would be great !*My third point is: when I set a nav (fr

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,1. Did you disable your joystick with Ctrl-K in FS9? Did you assign the joystick axis to the PT Joystick routine?2. HBY is not that hard to use, all you have to do is the following- Make a flightplan in FS format- import it to the NVU calculator- insert magnetic variations for each waypoint- let the NVU calculator calculate the route- print the NVU planIn the NVU plan you get map angles and distances you have to put into the HBY. I think you should read the tutorial from Michael Ackermann where it's better explained.3. Regarding NAV, you have to dial the course on the overhead panel, not in the HSI, see the tutorial for details.Regards,Daniel

hi,thx for your help but I have few questions more:* About joystick: i tried to disable it but nothing happens: what am I supposed to do with the joy panel (shift+7) ?* I'll try my best for HBY :D * If I've understand correctly I'm suppose to set the correct direction in the Overhead panel just next to nav frequencies ?thx

Hi,1) You have to assign your joystick axis in the joystick panel (shift+7) and disable the joystick in FS9. For example, if you have two joysticks (let's say a yoke and pedals), you have to assign each axis for the determined action. In the panel you see the labels in english for the axis, like aileron, rudder, throttle etc. If your yoke is control 1 and the aileron axis is the second one in the joystick you have to assign axis 12 (control 1, axis 2) to the aileron. You can find out which axis is which by trail and error. I hope this helps a bit (I'm not a good teacher, I know :-) ) but if it doesn't, read the tutorial and ask at www.protu-154.com for help.2) Good luck with the HBY :)3) Yup, that's correct.Regards,Daniel

thanx a lot ,I succeed for VOR navigation, that's great :) HBY nav is on the way (i work hard on it).but for joystick axis i'm lost, I tried all combinations and my tupolev is still shaking (even worst when i set time speed at X2 or more).I've a old CH flighstick with only two axis, throttle and 2 buttons, is someone could explain me exactly what i'm supposed to set in joystick panel it would be great, thx

Hi Rob,I'll start the sim tonight and take some screenshots to help you out in the joystick configuration.Regards,Daniel

Hi Rob,Here are the screenshots as promised, I hope they are self explanatory, but if you need some clarification afterwards, just ask!Regards, Daniel

Just noticed that the screenshot quality is very poor, but there's nothing I can do against that, as I have to keep the upload limit of 125 Kbytes for each screenshot. I hope you can read the text anyway.Regards,Daniel

thx so much for your dedication daniel.I'll try tomorow with all your tips. :7

Ok, i've done as you said, i've discovered a lot of things and i still have a pb: i set the 2 buttons correctly (it works), i set the 3 axis (throttle is working id: 13) but axis 11 (aileron) and 12 (elevator) are not working: infact the white arrow didn't move whereas the yellow and the white triangles were moving from left to right. When i switch on joy by crtl+K the arrow is moving again :-( I've checked that the flaps in ext view are not moving when crtl+K is off.If you could help...

>Ok that's it ! It was the booster switches not turned on.>Hi Rob,Glad you found the problem!Daniel